We offer a series of specially tailored public training programmes that can be delivered as stand-alone events or as a series of workshops. The level of detail progressively increases between courses so that people gain a more in-depth knowledge of the planning system and their role within it.
The current training programmes for the public are:
- Planning to Act® – introducing planning to young people aged 12-18 in a fun and creative way using the arts. For more information about Planning to Act® – and to watch a short film about it – click here
- Reach Out – engaging Black and Minority Ethnic Groups and Gypsy/Travellers in the planning system.
- Planning for People™ – entry-level training for individuals and community groups, offering an introduction to planning.
- Community Council Training – helping community councils understand how to engage effectively in the planning system and their roles and responsibilities.
- Development Plan Examination – preparing individuals and community groups for effective input.
- PeoplePlaces – a new, interactive and interdisciplinary foundation course focusing on the relationship between climate change and sustainable development, planning and design. Developed in the context of the planning reforms which require planning to contribute to sustainable economic growth.
PAS training can help people to:
- build skills, knowledge and confidence
- understand and participate
- be effective as a community group
- have a say in the future of their area
- participate in Development Plan Examinations
To arrange training for your community, service users or stakeholders please email email@example.com for more information or call 0131 220 9730.